Health & Safety
Welcome to our Health, Safety and Environment Portfolio:
"Safety in the workplace is critical to the safety of your very precious human capital."
We are committed to ensuring Health and Safety in the workplace and specialise in helping your company comply with the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act 93 of 1995 and the various Regulations.
To this end we strive to assist every employer, whether he / she is a one-person operation or a multiple branch / site operation in complying with the legal requirements in terms of the above act.
[Introduction] [Consultancy Services] ["Safety Officer" Services] [HSE Specific Services] [Training]
"Property may be destroyed and money may lose its purchasing power, but character, health, knowledge and good judgment will always be in demand under all conditions."
- Do you know the inside secrets of what is required by you as an Employer?
- Do you know how to handle any incident that takes place or do you rather try to prevent them?
- Have you got a First Aid Kit in your office and does anyone know who is responsible for it?
- Have you done a full Risk Assessment to identify any hazards in your entire workplace?
- Do your employees know what is required of them and have they been trained?
During the past few years there were numerous news articles about incidents and accidents happening in workplaces. A number of these led to loss of lives. Although it was a case of the tallest trees catching the most wind, with the mining, building and manufacturing industries making the mainline news, smaller companies did not go through unnoticed. These accidents and loss of lives has forced the Department of Labour to vigorously investigate more and more workplaces to find out if they do comply with all aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act and its Regulations.
- 88% of accidents in workplaces are caused by unsafe acts of workers.
- You’re may think that you are safe from prosecution because the Department of Labour doesn’t check compliance with the OHS Act. 10 949 notices were served for contraventions in health and safety requirements during 2006/7. 1230 companies had to stop production.
- More often than not, productivity takes preference over health and safety. The insured cost to uninsured cost ratio is R1: R53 per incident. How much profit do you need to make to absorb an uninsured incident cost of R1 million?
- If you think health and safety isn’t important in your company, think again. The Department of Labour is clamping down and doing more workplace inspections.
- Are you sure your company would pass a health and safety inspection? Are you prepared to have your company shut down for non-compliance?
- A lot of companies aren’t too worried about implementing health and safety in their workplace. On the one hand, management doesn’t want to spend money to implement health and safety. On the other hand, companies that do have health and safety policies can’t get their employees to follow the procedures.
- Most people only realise the problem when an accident happens. They get a visit from the Department of Labour, the employer gets laid with criminal charges and the business is shut down – which can cost some companies millions!
- Only then do they ask why procedures were not in place or followed correctly. Only then do they start to see how important health and safety is. By then, it’s too late.
Companies must realise that the Act simply is all about managing risks in the workplace. A risk that is managed is an accident prevented. What very few people really know, is that the Act applies to every person who provides work to any person, ranging from the single one-man operation to international companies. Ignorance of the law is thus not an excuse.
M&S Dynamic Solutions provides a customised service based on the requirements and needs of our clients, providing a service to organisations from the one-man operation right through to small and medium sized organisations. This philosophy is enhanced through our very flexible and competitive fee structure.
Henry Ford once said: “Every company will pay for training, whether they provide training or not.” The same rule applies to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) considerations.
We are there to assist you in becoming compliant in issues you / your workers may not have thought of.
"I intended to give you some advice, but now I remember how much is left over from last year unused."
Our Auditing and Consulting range from R 1 500 to R 3 000 per day depending on the size of the company and number and layout of sites.
In terms of the OHS Act, every employer has to do a full risk assessment of all workplaces together with employees to ensure that all possible hazards has been identified and either eliminated, mitigated, or policies put in place to issue employees with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and also enforce the use thereof.
A comprehensive HSE Audit gives you a full report on all Health and Safety aspects in terms of the Act concerning your company. A full report, linked to a rating is provided to measure your performance.
- Risk Assessments and risk profiling
- Systems development and implementation
- Incident management (investigation and documentation)
- Implementing and auditing Safety file according to Construction Regulations
- Legal compliance
- Facilitating internal self audits
"Safety Officer" Services
"The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right."
Our Workshops and other service fees are negotiable based on company needs and requirements
Our On-Going guidance system provides you with monthly checkups, training and advisory functions and can be suited to accommodate your needs and requirements.
- Continuous assistance with system maintenance, i.e. regular inspections and completion of register
- Conducting of safety meetings.
- Safety officer part time on site or temporary full time
- Developing and / or completing of inspection check lists / registers
- Writing of Standards and safe work procedures
- Safety rules and PPE
- Know your first aid box (Inspecting and maintenance)
- Any other SHE topics according to clients’ needs
- Short motivational talks / group discussions
Although we are located in Pretoria, Gauteng, we can service your operation anywhere in the Republic of South Africa.
If you have a need to discuss any requirements or get a quote, please call us.
Remember, our involvement is only limited by your imagination.
HSE Specific Services
"The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others."
Our entry-level system consists of an advisory service which assists you with general guidance in terms of the OHS Act. Advise is given senior and middle management as well as employees of what issues are at stake. Remember, any omission of any section or regulation is seen as a breach of the Act.
- Develop and implement the “Safety file”
- Risk assessment
- Method statements and safe work standards and procedures
- HSE Appointments
- HSE Registers
- Other administrative functions:
- Advise on physical safety measures, e.g. safeguarding, symbolic signs etc.
- Arrange First Aid training and supply equipment.
- Provide periodic safety officer services (for the contractor) to maintain the system, e.g. doing inspections and completing registers.
- Provide periodic safety officer services (for the client), auditing the contractor’s maintenance of their systems.
- Incident management, including reporting, investigating and documentation
"Learning in old age is like writing on sand; learning in youth is like engraving on stone."
Our training fees range from R500 per person per day depending on the level of the course and the number of trainees attending.
- HSE Representative
- Induction for construction projects
- Incident investigation
- Risk Assessment
- Developing safe work standard and procedures
- HSE implementation
- First Aid level 1 training
Some of the courses may be customised to suit the specific need of the client.
Training on any HSE related topic not mentioned above could be designed to fulfill the client’s need.
About Us | Health & Safety | Computing | Partners | Request a Quote | Contact Us
Dynamic Solutions cc 2002 - All Rights Reserved
For Quotes, Orders and Other Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Design and Maintenance: Destinet